Once our Client Engagement team receives an inquiry about an e-learning training solution, they follow a process that helps them understand the customer's requirements completely and only then embark on the implementation of the project.
In some cases, customers may have identified the need for an e-learning initiative in their organization, but they are not sure about how and where to use it. In such cases, we make sure that the e-learning efforts are well thought-through before implementation.
To help our prospective customers understand the process we follow, we've defined a few stages in our process and have explained them here. Reading this will also help you understand the meaning of an e-learning framework. Main tools for E-Learning are Moodle and Dokeos.
E-learning Needs Analysis and Deployment at MaanTech
Our e-learning solution training evaluation and development follows a predefined process of:
- Needs Analysis
- Instructional Design
- Deployment and Testing
The Analysis stage includes studying the target audience, the primary objectives of the e-learning initiative, studying the content, the technical needs, the organization and structure of the content and so on.
- Target Audience Study
- Content Analysis
- Format and presentation of the content
- Learning Management System Analysis
The primary objectives in any e-learning initiative can be many. The following are a few of them
- Marketing learning material or online courses to a global audience
- New channels of instruction
- Targeting various marketing segments
- Internal training within an organization
- Standardization that can reduce the dependence on instructional expertise.
Study of the Content
Ready-made content if Available is studied to see if it can be used as it is, or to what degree it needs modification or restructuring. In some instances, multimedia elements can be added to the content. And if it is deemed necessary, then the bandwidth considerations of the preferred medium used (Intranet or the web) needs to be made. This is where the instructional designer plays an important role in studying the objectives, the target audience and then redesigning the content appropriately.
Based on the same objectives, the need for a learning management system - a custom built, readymade solution or a customized solution is evaluated. For example, in some cases, a virtual classroom may be the solution, or in others it may be a simple electronic white board solution along with a few content development tools. If it is a virtual classroom, then what degree of collaboration is required? Will it be one-one (instructor-student) or one-many (instructor-student groups) or collaboration between small individual groups or a free for all session where anyone involved with the classroom can choose to interact in any fashion with anyone else in the class room.
- Gather information and collect data
- Identify needs (cognitive and attitudinal skills)
- Write and Prioritize instructional goals
- Write a needs analysis report
- Scope and objectives of the training project
- Audience Profile Report
- Objectives description and measurements - accuracy levels
Analyze and Outline Content
- Gather and create content online
- Outline desired skills, knowledge and attitudes
- Course Map
- Define and select learner activities
- Storyboard and flowcharts
- Define media - Videos, animation and narrative lists
- Authoring and Learning management tools
After the design stage, comes the Deployment and Implementation of the content and the Learning Management System after which the different parts are integrated to form a cohesive workable whole.
Production and Pilot Testing
- Media production and sourcing
- Authoring and integration of media elements
- Distribution of course
- Reporting and tracking
- Logistics and maintenance
- Learning and effectiveness evaluations
MaanTech Systems offers SCORM compliant elearning solutions. We can study your elearning requirements and make recommendations regarding the best Learning Management System that you can use. Moreover, our instructional designers will study your objectives and work on designing and structuring elearning modules and then implement them using the best LMS suitable. We can customize LMS products or work with Learning Management service providers to build and develop a cohesive learning package that will deliver all that you intend to. Contact us with your project requirements and we'll get back to you with the right answers.